Monday 22 March 2010

A weekend of Mitchell Spinning, Inappropriate Records, 'Guart'

It had been a long week. I've been working with Champagne Valentine on some drawings for something ill be able to talk about in a few weeks... which is PRETTY DAMN BRILLIANT but I was knackered, so I needed a nice evening out 'with friends'. 
I've also stopped drinking, just to see if I can. I can. The feeling of smug satisfaction if far outweighed by boredom. I know it shouldn't be so, but it is, so until drinking gets dull, I'll start again. 


The weekend got off to a roaring start with Freaks at the George Tavern, for whom the last time I went displayed some stuff a bit further down the blog (January time.) This month saw the first kind-of showing of the collection from which the last picture posted is from - It was some photocopies, as the final piece will be one image of several heads all entwined and entangled with lots of other bits of stuff. (I don't think I've explained that too well. This, again, reinforces my fine art degree grade and why I shouldn't really keep venturing into the art world. ah, well, fuck it.) But it did look good in its naked glory on the pub wall so all isn't lost for me and impending Saatchi-endorsed superslebartstardom. 


ANYWAY. 


It was also Coughlin of Gaggle's birthday. And so she got this. 



Yes, its a card of David Mitchell. She likes him and would like to be wedded to him, I believe. But wait! His head spins as well, allowing you to point his chin towards what you would like to drink next. Of course. 



I also did a spot of dj-ing that evening, with the magnificent beast that is Toby Woby, whose record collection is multi-faceted, many layered and unfathomably large and amazing. It's also got this in


which is frankly, terrifying. 


The rest of the weekend proceeded quite nicely I went to the Tate to see the Arshille Gorky exhibition, which was great. Dave then 'left' some copies of his excellent and free new comic Tiny Dancing in the book shop, in an act of guerilla art, or as it shall henceforth be known, Guart. 

Ahh a new week. New work. 

No comments: