Wednesday 16 March 2011

Another blog post about Japan ( but with a bit of a purpose)

Everyone's seen it on the news, and its the hardest footage to watch that I've seen for a while. I think its easy to become sanitised to mass destruction and global events in the age of rolling news, and sadly I think come to expect it in certain areas of the world. And even more sadly perhaps when it happens to a so-termed 'developed' part of the world we are even more upset... outraged, perhaps? That the proof comes back to whack us in the face that we can't actually control nature? I don't know. Anyway, its done. The horrific extensive wholesale destruction and erasure of whole communities, histories, people. I cant do much over here. But I can, help people to donate money. So if you haven't already bought my little book from here then do so, as all the monies will now be going to the British Red Cross to aid Japanese relief efforts. 



(i think Japan might need a bit more than a poke though)

No comments: