Monday 8 November 2010

Where to start...

Losing a parent it turns out, is unsuprisingly horrific. 
Hence the lack of any work for a while. 
But, life, rather cruelly it seems at times, goes on. 







Somehow I managed to make my Dad's funeral order of service. 
He was a member of the William Morris Society, and a lover of all things Pre-Raphelite, and art in general. As a trained engineering draftsman, he's where I get any modicum of talent from, and I owe it all to him and my mum's encouragement for me being in the position of being able (occasionally!) to make a living from making drawings. This image was taken from a Morris wallpaper sample, something I think he'd be quite pleased about. He always wanted to know what I was working on. This one was just for him. 

2 comments:

Secret Photographer said...

That's beautiful. If I ever get married will you design something William Morrisy for the invitations? xxx

Strick said...

Of course honey!! Id love to x